P.E. and Sports Premium
At NRHS all Primary pupils access PE lessons over the course of the week. In addition to this, they have scheduled swimming, horse-riding and cycling lessons throughout the school year. In Secondary, P.E. and sporting activities form part of the scheduled curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression) and can also have wider benefits for pupils, improving behaviour, encourages teamwork and strengthens peer relationships as well as enhancing academic achievement.
The P.E. and Sports Premium funding received is used to meet the 5 key Government indicators:
- Providing targeted activities or support to involve and encourage the least active children.
- Encouraging active play during break times and lunchtimes.
- Establishing, extending or funding attendance of school sports clubs and activities and holiday clubs, or broadening the variety offered.
- Adopting an active mile initiative.
- Raising attainment in Primary school swimming to meet requirements of the National Curriculum before the end of Key stage 2. Every child should leave Primary school able to swim.
To view the P.E. & Sports Grant Report click the link below: