In addition to following the National Curriculum at NRHS we have a complementary curriculum to enhance the pupil’s learning opportunities and help them to develop emotionally and socially.
Extra-curricular activities are an integral part of the ethos of the school. They provide pupils with an opportunity to enhance their personal development, self-image, improve social skills as well as build friendships. Extra-curricular sessions are an opportunity to extend the pupils’ learning experience both in the school and the wider community. Activities and clubs are available to all pupils subject to guidance from staff. All pupils are encouraged to participate in some form of extra-curricular activity
The purpose of our extra-curricular programme is to:
- Enhance the ethos and image of the school within the community.
- Encourage pupils’ active participation in a variety of extra-curricular areas.
- Offer valuable opportunities for residential experience in a variety of extra-curricular areas.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to develop their public speaking skills.
Some of the extra-curricular available at NRHS include:
- Horse-riding at Chigwell Riding Stables.
- Swimming lessons at a local swimming pool.
- Cooking lessons.
- Gardening Club at the Allotment.
- Bike lessons.
- Music technology.
- Board games.
- Arts and crafts.
- Computer gaming.
- Table tennis.